A new single storey Primary School building of approximately 2071m², a standalone single storey nursery building of approximately 160m² and integral school meals accommodation approximately 229m².
We were required to liaise with NIE for the connection of the new electrical supply and were required to provide NIE with the necessary connection cards, test notices, data regarding the connected load, and to ensure that the supply was available when required.
The Electrical Services to be provided under this contract included the following:-
- Supply and installation of switchgear and main switchboard.
- Supply and installation of all cabling for sub-mains.
- Earthing & Bonding.
- General & Emergency lighting. An automatic switching system was used within all teaching spaces, resource areas and circulation spaces as a means of controlling general luminaries. This automatic control was afforded by means of PIR detectors and a combination of Photocell and PIR detectors. Dimmed lighting was also installed in the Multi-Purpose Hall the lighting was controlled via 9 function scene setters.
- Specialist Stage Lighting Installation.
- External Lighting including security lighting, car park lighting, and street lighting controlled by time clocks and daylight sensors.
- Supply and installation of all miscellaneous power circuits.
- Fire Alarm System.
- Intruder Alarm System.
- T.V. Aerial Installation
- Lightening Protection Installation.
- Services for Mechanical Engineers including connection of all extract fans, pumps, manifolds, motorised valves, control stats necessary for the complete and proper running of the ventilation and heating systems.
- ICT Cabling & Network System.
- CCTV System.
- Telephone System.
- Door Entry Systems.
- Television / Satellite installation.
- Disabled Door Access Systems.
- Disabled Toilet Call System.
- Dado Trunking Installation.
- Supply of "As Fitted" drawings.
- The complete electrical testing and verification of the electrical installation including the supply of all Test Schedules and Certificates.
Materials were purchased to agreed specification and planned to be on site to meet the project timelines. Materials were stored on site within Little Electrical Secure Containers. Throughout the project 1 Supervisor was on site on a full time basis with a team of 4-6 Electricians / Apprentices depending on specific requirements at each stage of the contract.The building was handed over to schedule with no delays.